Need help finding a mailbox

My home has one of those brick structures which contains what are apparently standard size mailbox inserts for both myself and my neighbor.

They are made of flexible plastic, and the door on mine is cracked and warped so it is difficult to close. The mail person often does not get it closed, leaving the contents visible to prying eyes and susceptible to the weather.

I have not been able to find a replacement for this anywhere. Standard mail boxes have flags on them, which means they probably won't fit the hole in which it is supposed to reside.

I did find one at Lowe's which looked like it might work. However the unit on display was so poorly made that the door wouldn't stay closed even in the store. Not any improvement over what I have.

So, anybody have any suggestion where I might find a replacement, or any other suggestions to help solve the problem?

-dan z-

Reply to
slate_leeper

Get a standard box and cut the flag off.

Reply to
croy

Would a search for "recessed mailbox" help?

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Recall when I needed a new mailbox and post a few years ago I could find nothing locally and got one online from Home Depot. From what I see they sell all kinds and should have one for you. Shipping should be free if you spend enough.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Do you actually need a complete mailbox, or just a replacement door, like these:

Anonymous

I have looked at the Amazon listings for these previously. I came to the conclusion: maybe. Without actually seeing it, I am very unsure that it will install and fit properly. Quite expensive for a door, also.

Thanks for your reply.

-dan z-

Reply to
slate_leeper