Neat product

I picked up a set of these "Bull Brackets" www.bullbrackets.com sawhorse brackets at the local woodshow a few weeks ago. I thought they were the neatest product I have seen in a while. They work great! All kinds of uses. What's best is they can be quickly taken apart to move them or make them bigger or smaller. I had a chat with the owner and his wife at their booth at the show. Nice people. Made in here in Canada, so no offshore Chinawanese crap. Unless of course you live in Hawaii or Rode Island which I guess would make Canada offshore ;) Disclaimer: I am in NO way affiliated with this company and am not making any $$ from this post. Just thought I would pass it along.
"Keep your stick on the ice." Tony

Bull

No, no. Bull BRACKETS.
scribbled:

No, No. No Bull! Tony is a legitimate lurker and occasional poster since December 2003. You guys should do a DAGS on his name before jumping on him.
Besides he lives in London like David Eisan, not in BC. So, AFAIAC, his post is no bull.
As for the bull brackets, as the proud current owner and maker of 7 different pairs of sawhorses, as well as a MS stand, I do not see myself using that fine Canadian product.
Tony, do not let this prevent you from posting in the future, as long as it is useful, funny or intelligent (preferably all three).

You've already made 5 more pairs of sawhorses than anyone other than a timber framer really needs. You're clearly a sucker for sawhorses, so I expect you'll have a set of these bullbrackets by Xmas.
Looks like a great product - shame about the website though. Those unreadable tiny cartoons don't help at all.
Mon, Oct 18, 2004, 1:03pm (EDT+5) snipped-for-privacy@codesmiths.com (AndyDingley) says: You've already made 5 more pairs of sawhorses than anyone other than a timber framer really needs.<snip>
What you may not realize is, he doesn't have saddles for all of them.
JOAT Flush the Johns. - seen on a bumper sticker
On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 15:23:15 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

They've already thought of that
http://www.bullbrackets.com/images/cartoon_5.gif
On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 15:23:15 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) scribbled:

Can you email me free plans for sawhorse saddles?
Thanks
Mon, Oct 18, 2004, 5:30pm (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@nonet.ca (LuigiZanasi) plaintively cries out: Can you email me free plans for sawhorse saddles?
This should work. http://ilaria.veltri.tripod.com/sidesaddle.html
JOAT Eagles can soar ... but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 13:03:20 +0100, Andy Dingley

Well 2 pairs of saw "ponies" *were* for timber framing. They stack nicely to a more usual height. Those four are Keith's fault:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&selm=6lu1ui%24g4e%40newsops.execpc.com
Another wobbly pair was made using metal sawhorse brackets way back when and they are about 3 feet high and 4 feet long, at a convenient height for painting/varnishing stuff. I also made a 4 foot high pair to hold up a rack for 42 window frames while they were being varnished. I will eventually cut them down to a more useful height. It has only been about three years since I made them.
I have to admit I lied when I implied I made all seven. One pair came with the camper, but they proved too low for my 3/4 ton Chevy pick-up (a real truck, Dougs W. & M.), so I had to make another pair to hold up the camper. The last pair, a conventional Norm style was bought from the Carpenters' union who were selling them and donating the proceeds to charity.
Besides, I do need (or rather the LOML does need) 4 pair to hold up temporary tables in the solarium in the spring for the gazillion flats of seedlings. The fact that they are used for two months does mean that I need them all year round. Think of the wasted hour or two every year if I had to build stands anew each time the tables are needed.
And, have no fear, there is absolutely no way I need the bullbrackets. Hmmm, maybe I should replace the wobbly sawhorses . . .
Tony, I looked at the at the last show. Looked cool however, I like http://www.trojantools.com/sawhorse /
They are fast, and very strong.
Dave

<snip> Mark says: "Bull" Toller says: "No, no. Bull BRACKETS."
Ok, Toller and Mark, ya got me...even though I put up the little disclaimer...you guys saw right through that didn't you...you're definitely too smart for me...you guys must watch a lot of Law & Order and CSI. Yep, I get paid bazillions of $$$$ from this little company for making that one post to a newsgroup...that's what I do for a living...I have an office on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza...putting my kids through medical school with what I earn...I may even have enough to get a Unisaw and a Veritas shoulder plane...oops...yep you got me again...I also work for Delta and Lee Valley. jeeesh (sarcasm button off) Thanks for the little vote of confidence Luigi. And yes, I have met Dave Eisan. He was at the same show in Woodstock Ontario. No really Toller and Mark, Dave was really there. He showed me & my buddy a Hitachi SCMS ...oh no here we go again.
Tony

I've had a pair of these: http://tinyurl.com/4avbq for a couple of years, and for the price, strength and stability, I'll stick with them. I once had 80 square feet of formica over particle board (counter tops) on them at once with no problems at all. Besides, as many others do, I have a small shop, and these fold and hang on a nail on the wall!