Mystery Wood - new wood source?

Thanks for the tip...but I really like the look of raised panels, I'm planning to use the same method as you use to cut coves on the table saw. I'll run the panels thru at an angle to the blade, raising the blade just a little bit each time...I'll try it out on some scrap to see how it turns out. I almost went ahead and used this as an excuse for a bigger router (the Hitachi 3 1/4 HP for $159 at Amazon sure looked tempting), but then I would have to spend at least another $150 on the proper bits, and I would be stuck with only 1 style of bit. I'll try this method and see how it turns out, still haven't completly ruled out buying more tools (isn't that always a good thing?)

P.S. Any more thoughts on the wood after the lye treatment? Somehow that reply got listed up near the top...I'm using google for this.

Reply to
Dan

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 05:37:49 GMT, "Groggy" brought forth from the murky depths:

We could tell that immediately...by the guy taking a freakin' BELT SANDUH to it.

"Finesse" it ain't.

Reply to
Larry Jaques