wood-workers.com?

What happened to wood-workers.com? Has he thrown in the towel?

Reply to
Mark Hopkins

Don't know. Maybe Jason, the guy who provided the free service to woodworkers, got into something else and has forgotten about it. As I recall, he bought a server and the software for it but may have forgotten about the domain name renewal.

Until it gets sorted out, I've moved all my stuff over to my comcast account. Had to add "cz" since charlieb was already taken on their server. And if you're wondering, I was born and raised in the Canal Zone (Panama Canal specifically). Apparently, comcast's web servers don't like "!" and "&" in file names. Made migrating to them a bit more cumbersome. Haven't gone through it to see if it's all working but seems ok so far.

charlie b

Charlie,

Found a link on your page SharpeningCenter4.html that didn't work. At the bottom of that page you have the sentence "Wood Shop Demos

has a slick method..." The link points to
of
is a pain to move websites. My personal one has 250+ pages and a few thousand trip pics. I gave up after my wife signed us up with SBC. They only give you a Yahoo briefcase - 100 meg worth of useless space.

Weldon

Reply to
Weldon Wilson

Not if you use Microsoft FrontPage.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

I've moved my woodscraps site over too. I tried to contact all the people that have bookmarked or linked to my wood-workers.com site. My experience with Jason has all been very positive...no baloney, no pop-ups, no banners...just good stuff from all sorts of enjoyable individuals. Larry

Reply to
Lawrence L'Hote

Not to start a flame war...but I would say "not if you know what you are doing, and, have created the website properly". Alas, it has been my experience that FP, while REALLY EASY to use to create a website-like page, does not foster the former, nor create the latter. Regards Dave Mundt

Reply to
Dave Mundt

Hand coding web pages is a PITA, IMHO, and moving my stuff over, likewise. I first bought and tried FrontPage but discarded it in favor of Macromedia's Dreamweaver. I mention up front, on one of my homepages, that I would rather spend time with my projects than web site development and don't care much about the amateurish look of my sites. It seems there are a lot of professional web developers lurking here abouts. One has only to look at their personal sites to see how they spend most of their time. Larry

Reply to
Lawrence L'Hote

I don't know how easy it is, but the most awful, screwed up pages with hundreds of HTML errors are almost invariably created in Frontpage.

Just out of curiosity, do you know of any pages that are well done in Frontpage without extensive reworking?

Reply to
p_j

I would have to interject here and say that my Microsoft software does foster the former and create the latter. Of course, I use Notepad.

No software can replace a firm grasp of HTML.

Reply to
Howard Ruttan