My new tools

Page 2 of 2
Got the 22114 home. Called a buddy to come over to help get it out of the truck, into the house, down the stairs, and into the basement shop.... wish I would have called 2 buddies. After freezing outside getting everything I could get out of the packaging on my own and breaking my back getting this sucker into the shop I'm happy.
I realize that some folks (hint Steve K.) are not fond of Craftsman so I wont take it personally. :-) 6 months ago I wouldn't have even thought of buying a Craftsman, but after all of the positive things I have read and seeing the saws I thought long and hard about it. I was really close to buying one of two others... the General International 50-185 and the Ridgid TS3650. I'm sure I would have been very happy with either... especially the General. The General would have required a 105 mile drive, and a definite blade purchase (which I did anyways, but like having the 'cheaper' one for free to use on crapwood). There was more than one time that if a HD 'salesperson' would have talked to me to discuss a discount I would have probably had one of them in the back of my truck. Im glad I didnt buy one, though. I kept hearing about arbor issues and a wobbly base - both of which could be fixed, but I wasnt digging the thought of fixing something before I even used it. And, to be honest, I like the hybrid style of the Craftsman. It suites the home shop pretty well. So Im not apologetic about buying it. I'll let you know if I still feel this way after I finish assembling it and get to making sawdust.
Thanks.

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&pid922114000&vertical=TOOL
I have to say that I'm so far pleased with the saw. I can't speak as if I have been using a Unisaw for ten years, but this saw is waaaaay nicer than any that I've gottent the opportunity to use. That includes some of the mid-range contractors saws. It passed the nickel test on the first try. It operates very smoothly. The only thing that needed adjusting was the fence. It was a slight amount out of square. I made the proper adjustments and it is awesome now. The deflection that I noted on the display models must have been from poor setup because the one I have is rock solid.
I did notice a ridiculous difference in the tear out of some oak ply between the blade that came with it and the Forrest WWII. I can see already that it was $90 well spent. I haven't put the Freud Dado blade on yet, but that should happen some evening this week.
I built 2 sleds, one for true-ing up edges and a large panel sled. I noticed (a little late) that what I thought was 'square and plumb' on some S4S from the borg wasn't actually square and plumb... so I'll be doing a little redo-ing after I get the jointer out of the box and setup. I used the s4s for the fence on the large panel sled... so everything I cut with it is just a smidge off. I will fix it after milling a true fence.
All in all, after one weekend, about 10 woodworking hours, I am 110% pleased with my purchases. The 22114 is far better than I expected and I think I will be happy with it for a while and the Delta AP400 dust collector does an excellent job of keeping the shop clean.