INTERESTING - Creating an Authentic Kolondike Gold Rush Boat

where I live by comparing it to part of the intestinal tract!

Thanks JOAT. Interesting stuff. I have hiked the Chilkoot trail a number of times. I've seen a bunch of rotting folding boats at the top of the pass left there in 1898. The builders of this one wimped out by using rough planks rather than pit-sawing them. Of course, if you've ever worked the bottom of pit-saw, you might not blame them.

They seem to make a big deal out of people packing boilers & boats over the pass (3,300 feet high, 35 miles from Dyea to Lake Bennett), but early on during the winter, a tramline was built. You could sling goods up to the top and other ones on the other side to Lake Bennett. So those with the means did not need to pack their stuff on their backs.

Reply to
Luigi Zanasi

http://209.193.28.16/Boats/Klondike/Klondike.htmJOATIntellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong.

- David Fasold