My favorite pastime ...

Page 2 of 2
On 2/1/2011 1:36 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Have you seen the RO90, which is not yet on these shores, but orders are currently being taken?
Hold onto your wallet.
Actually, I have three Festool sanders that serve every sanding need, so I will probably pass on it.
Unless ... of course, I decide to sell the DTS400. :)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

??? Same accuracy as usual, my old 7335 PC which I used for 20 years and I thought was agressive would take 15~20 seconds.
I watched a Festool rep with a Rotex. He started out with a rough cut maple board, started out sanding, ended up polishing with a bonnet in about 5 minutes. The board shined.
"Swingman" wrote in message

One of the instructors at the College of the Redwoods woodworking campus told me a couple of years back that maybe the best woodworking purchase he ever made was a Festool dust extractor. I get by with other means out in the garage (and old shop vac with a Dust Deputy in front of it) but if I had to do a bunch of sanding in the house I think I could justify one of those babies. Hmmmm, maybe it's time to redo the window trim in the office.

;~) Sanding is not so bad now. HUH?