Long shot... Rockwell 9 tablesaw parts

This is a long shot, but why not try. I have an older Rockwell Model 9 contractors saw. The elevating shaft has frozen in it's eccentric tube. I tried for weeks, soaking in penetrating oil, heat, good old fashioned banging. It is stuck and will never be useable again. Rockwell (Delta) doesn't make that part anymore (they make the tube, but not the shaft and associated gear and such). My local scrounge shop has one (a whole saw) they'd sell me but I found a Powermatic for about the same money and bought it. I'm still not giving up on finding a stray part... anyone have one or know a potential source?

Ed Baltimore

Reply to
Ed Edelenbos

That sounds a lot like how I described a rusted-in-place drill press table/column to a friend who told me not to give up until I tried PBlaster. I bought an aerosol can of the stuff and six hours later had everything moving smoothly. Give it a try.

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Don't bet the farm.

If PB Blaster as Morris has suggested doesn't work, try Kroil from Kano Labs in Nashville.

It has yet to let me down.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Thanks. PB is what I've been using. I'll look up the Kroil.

Ed

Reply to
Ed Edelenbos

Ed Edelenbos wrote: ...

It's hard to imagine a combination and some heat wouldn't un-seize it altho I don't know the specific saw particulars to have more detailed suggestions.

--

Reply to
dpb