Mounting support post for wall-mounted countertop.

This can be a bit tricky but with help it can be done.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/Verticalstability.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/verticalpressure.jpg

That looks like it may work for an upcoming project I have in mind but before I attempt to mount I'd like a better view of the bottom. Do you just start screwing when you are ready to mount? Is lubrication required to insert the shaft? Most importantly, how much does something like that cost?

Uh-oh... are you suggesting something sexual here? This is a woodworking/politics newsgroup. Shame on you! . . . . . . . . *smirk*
On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 11:01:25 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

Doesn't sound very sexual to me. I think he's just expounding on the least costly method to mount a tool into properly lubricated, accepting orifice.

A friend of mine sent me those...I thought it was a nice way to mount a countertop...never even noticed the woman.

A friend of mine sent me those...I thought it was a nice way to mount a countertop...never even noticed the woman.
What countertop, I got photos of cats and little kids blowing bubbles?!

Maybe a URL/wrap problem?

Maybe a URL/wrap problem?