porch support post replacement

I need to replace 2 rusting porch columns, and I'd like to replace them with a couple of steel posts so I can have some options when it comes time to make them look nice.

My porch is around 6' x 14', with a single support post at the two ends not supported by the house.

Is there a particular type of steel pipe I should use for this? I'm planning on encasing the pole in either masonry or wood, so I need it to be fairly resistant to moisture, since it won't be visible. I'm in North Florida, and the porch where these will be going is about 2 feet off-grade, but water blows in during storms, though it does drain nicely.

Thanks for any advice! Nathan

Reply to
nhurst

Try to find some 3" galvanized pipe, maybe at a well drilling supply company. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe