Most important adjustment:

Leon is just saying what is generally excepted in this group and if you were to go look at some of his work, you would probably have a greater acceptance of what he says. You just have to read thru the typing errors. LOL

Mike M

Reply to
Mike M

Sorry, but I have no desire to, or intention of, viewing his work as an affirmation that his position on the subject at hand is valid or credible.

Being creative and/or talented at how to build something has absolutely nothing to do with the mechanical prowess of the user of any given tool. One is an art ... the other simply the (mis)understanding of how mechanical things work. I've seen some wonderful work come from countries by craftsmen who felt fortunate to have a skill saw mounted upside-down under a sheet of plywood.

Thanks for giving me the benefit of thinking I'm a noobie here, but, if you check back ... I've been in & out of here for the better part of 20 years. Every time it gets interesting, I get turned off by the cliques who wish to rule the roost.

That said, I'm still waiting for him to post his procedure for attaining the PERFECT ALIGNMENT of which he speaks. As someone a few posts back clearly stated "Put up or SFTU"

Reply to
"<<< Bøb >>>"

[...]

Define "perfect".

Reply to
CW

The internet has plenty of examples of how to properly set up a table saw. I looked up many of these techniques to set up my saw which also cuts "perfectly."

While you're looking those up on google, I suggest also looking up the word, "hyperbole."

Reply to
-MIKE-

Yes my moth. LOL

Reply to
Leon

Snore.

May I ask if you have googled me yet to find how I set up the saw?

I am ruling nothing or trying to. You friend, decided to discredit my suggestions without having enough hands on experience to know otherwise.

May I ask if you have yet googled my numerous explanations on how to do this? Does SFTU make you feel all better?

And as previously stated I should have stated as close to perfect as humanly possible. I am to too damn belligerent to not admit that I might have used better words for you to better get a grasp on the concept.

Reply to
Leon

So Sal, did you ever dream that this post would take this turn? LOL

Sorry for all the confusion and havoc on your post. Glad to know that you have solve the problem.

Reply to
Leon

Umm Mike, LOL, I am just saying what is generally excepted??? Whose typing errors? Don't you just hate it when that happens. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

On Mon, 13 Aug 2012 11:54:41 -0400, ""

That's a pretty misleading statement Bob. NOTHING is ever perfectly parallel when it really comes down to it, but you can fine tune parallel cutting enough that errors reach the diminishing return stage.

With my old Rockwell Beaver contractor's saw and an aftermarket Excalibur fence on it, I can cut parallel strips of plywood to repeatable 1/64" tolerances. While not absolutely perfect, it is certainly sufficient for all of the cabinet making that I do or have ever done.

Reply to
Dave

On Mon, 13 Aug 2012 13:22:53 -0400, ""

Any person who finds it necessary pontificate his political opinion with *every* message has very little credibility as far as most are concerned.

Reply to
Dave

On Mon, 13 Aug 2012 12:51:09 -0500, Leon

own use, then you must have a sh*tload of spare cash laying around to afford all that wood.

Reply to
Dave

Hi Leon I never dreamed I would cause such a kafuffle,this could have resulted in a real Donnybrook.I've been called S--- disturber before in an offhand way. I did learn quite bit and hope nobody has any grudges or animosity because of the post. I always say ""Have a nice day somewhere else"".

Sal

Reply to
sal

" years. Every time it gets interesting, I get turned off by the cliques

Not surprising. With less than a dozen words spewing forth from you before you start throwing around derogatory terms like "nonsense" (and not a one with any worthwhile impact on solving the OP's problem) we are indeed thankful for such a low profile on your part.

Reply to
Swingman

You're an evil man Karl. Does your capability for insulting people come naturally or have you practiced at it? :)

Reply to
Dave

As opposed to the sh*tload of spare cash laying around to afford all that furniture had he bought it from a store?

Reply to
-MIKE-

Check the facts. An absolute _factual_ response, to the letter, is insulting only to those to whom the shoe fits ...

Reply to
Swingman

Either his own mama taught him, or his mama is ashamed of him.

Reply to
Just Wondering

Swingman wrote in news:f9OdnYBKVYPV9LfNnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

+1, as usual ... :)
Reply to
Han

Thank you Sir!

Book cases, both sets, the walnut and oak bed, the Murphy bed, the two walnut night tables, and one of the jewelery chests were for customers.

Reply to
Leon

LOL, probably cheaper than the store!

Reply to