Most dangerous tool in shop

I do mine in black-n-blue. That way, they always match! lol
Have a nice week...
Trent
βœ–
Having read most of the responses - the most dangerous tool in the shop has got to be the "unused mind."
Jums

Add pictures here
βœ–
pixelated:

That wouldn't _quite_ be true, Mikey. I do have just a few more tools.
- - Let Exxon send their own troops - ------------------------------------------------------- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Programming
Add pictures here
βœ–
In many cases, I would have to say the nut that presses the power switch.
Pete

Add pictures here
βœ–

IMHO, this whole thread boils down to the old saw about " the most dangerous part of a car is the nut holding the steering wheel",as these type replies seem to be the majority. Bye, Nahmie
Add pictures here
βœ–

The classical description of the causative factor for most automobile accidents, _particularly_ the one-car variety, is:
"loose nut behind the wheel"
Add pictures here
βœ–
replying to Sweet Sawdust, Timdiana_James wrote:

For a couple years I've been saying to folks that the shovel and spade are the most dangerous tools in my van, with a dodgy back it's just too easy and get carried away, then straighten up or get home and bang! ("you got shot...?") just get a twinge that lasts for weeks or a trapped nerve bundle of joy ;)
I do think I first got the most injuries in the shortest time from filling knives, early training from a joiner was of course an absolute ton of sanding, filling and painting, so good quality steel filling knives sanded clean for years and years, I wouldn't think it'd take more than a leather belt to get them to the point where you'd use 'em to shave. And so few of Hampshire's windows and rooves/roofs have my precious claret under the paintwork.
Most dangerous thing these days is a concrete breaker because of the possibility of weakened or thin mineral structure and possible broken fingers if you fall down with the machine, and of course the chopsaw always makes me double check I'm still fond of both thumbs. I'll probably skim a skilsaw over my leg in some Steptoesque home project, at some comedy interval in the future, if I do I'll be sure to add it to the list :D
Add pictures here
βœ–
in message

Fatigue. When I reach a certain point every tool in the shop is dangerous. I try to make a hard and fast rule to never do any work after I have had one beer or anytime I've been working long enough that I start to make mistakes.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 2/2/2015 7:36 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:

I have to watch myself more closely when I'm doing a repetitive task whether cutting boards down to size, jointing, routing, if I have a large number of the same operation I learned early on that strict attention must always be observed.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Monday, February 2, 2015 at 9:07:00 PM UTC-6, Max wrote:

I've been doing lots of jointing, lately.... making sure my loose sweatshir t sleeves are pulled up to my elbows. Similarly, I make sure my shirt tai l is not loose enough, such that the wind, from the spinning jointer head, doesn't draw my shirt into the blade area.... I don't have the guard insta lled over the head.
Sonny
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Monday, February 2, 2015 at 9:07:00 PM UTC-6, Max wrote:

It was a repetitive task that cause the table saw accident I mentioned earl ier. I was cutting several small pieces of oak from a long 1" or so piece of square stock. I switched the saw off, started to walk away and realized there was still a piece on the table next to the blade. Over-reached the blade and "thunk-thunk..." It was still turning and my index finger got n icked - all the way to the bone.
Add pictures here
βœ–
"Bob La Londe" wrote in message

That about sums it up...
Case in point: While cleaning up my shop over the past week I came across part of a glued up panel that was destroyed by a kick back on the table saw... I was trying to finish the project in time for a show, it was late, and I was tired. I didn't reinstalled the T-Splitter as I just had to make one cut... all Hell broke loose. I haven't made a through cut since without the T-Splitter or crosscut sled in place!
Add pictures here
βœ–
Usually it's the only one in the shop that breathes and has a heartbeat!
Add pictures here
βœ–

βœ–
Bob La Londe wrote:

Agreed. That's when I start pushing too hard, getting too wreckless/careless. Especially as I work with more tools that cut really fast, I'm recognizing that I have be more careful that I used to be. I should be grateful for the numerous small cuts of my youth that taught me good lessons!
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Tuesday, February 3, 2015 at 10:16:57 PM UTC-5, Bill wrote:

How many folks would consider a bar clamp to be a dangerous tool?
When I was building my deck many years ago, I wanted to get a visual of wha t the stair railing would look like. There is a landing about 5 feet off th e ground and I wanted to attach the bottom rail to the posts to see how hig h off of the stair treads I wanted to put it. The closet clamp I had handy was a 36" bar clamp, which I attached to the post with the bar sticking out into the yard.
I stepped back to the side of the steps to look at the rail, decided I want ed it in a different position and started walking towards the landing. My e yes were focused on the clamp where it held the rail to the post and I didn 't see the 3/4" x 1/4" end of the bar that was sticking out into the yard. About 2 feet from the railing my head snapped back as the end of the steel bar cracked the lens of my safety glasses, slid up and gouged my forehead.
The end of the steel bar hit the lens dead center. Had I not been wearing s afety glasses it probably would have pushed my eyeball back into my head.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Monday, February 2, 2015 at 3:44:03 PM UTC-5, Timdiana_James wrote:

It looks like no one has been hurt in over 11 years.
Add pictures here
βœ–
replying to DerbyDad03 , Timdiana_James wrote:

Yeah super zombie thread, I beg your pardon - kinda stumbled across you folks and wanted to tag myself into the forum, shamelessly :D Recently a new homeowner and handyman/carpenter by trade, this seemed like an excellent place to hang out :)
And I managed to whack myself with a rebounding wheelbarrow today chucking it into the van in a temper tantrum - had to learn an irritating and slightly humbling lesson this morning, so the most dangerous tool was once again the human brain, aided and abetted by physics, a poor aim and a wheelbarrow.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 2/2/2015 3:44 PM, Timdiana_James wrote:

The most dangerous tool in my shop, at least judged by severity of wounds so far, is a super-sharp 1/2" chisel which I fumbled and dropped and which managed to stick itself in the top of my right foot. Luckily it was oriented to miss cutting anything critical but it sure hurt like hell for a while.
Add pictures here
βœ–
in

Add pictures here