This is a step by step tutorial on the easy way to change the sand in
1. Detach all hoses and place them back into the pool so you do not
lose any pool water
2. Remove drain plug and the bottom of the filter to remove water
3. Remove clamp holding the multiport valve on your filter
4. Using your Shop Vac (without the shop vac filter) suck all the sand
from out of the filter
5. Take Duct Tape and cover the opening of the standpipe coming up from
in the filter
6. Put the drain cap back on and Fill the tank half full of water
before adding sand
7. Once the tank is half full of water add the correct amount of sand
to your filter.
8. Remove the duct tape once this is completed and connect the
multiport valves and hoses.
You Should never have to move the filter and hurt yourself. Also that
pipe and extends into the filter has very fragile plastic laterals on
the end so by moving it in the sand it could crack every one. So most
importantly try to to move any thing.
For More Info Visit