Safety of used pool filter sand

After buying a new swimming pool filter we have a lot of sand from the old filter to get rid of. Is it okay to use in a garden and other landscaping areas or is the sand too contaminated?

Thanks very much Jeff Gahn

Reply to
Banyon100

Hi, Don't see a problem with the sand. hth -_- how to reply remember no NEWS is good

Reply to
how

Add it to your compost pile a bit at a time. Good gizzard grit for the worms. Not my favorite type of sand for soil improvement , it seems too smooth and rounded. I wouldn't sweat the chemicals, the quantities are too low to consider.

Reply to
Beecrofter