Suggested safety material for the "Most dangerous tool in shop"

I take blood thinners to keep from having a severe stroke. What I fear most is getting a serious cut in the shop and then bleeding out before reaching the hospital. You folks who are in a similar situation might want to look at "QuickClot" , it is a new material that, when put on a wound, will make the blood clot.

Walter H. Klaus

Reply to
Walter H. Klaus

Good info. I just bought some of that for the first aid kit at work, but we've not used it yet.

Also a good idea to have a telephone where it can be reached. Portable is better than a cell phone for 911 as it gives your address to the operator. Cell phones don't do that yet, but will. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 21:54:58 GMT, "Walter H. Klaus" Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

you better be seriously cut before you use that stuff... burns like the dickens, and not real fun to get cleaned out of a wound.

DAMHIKT

Traves "squarefinger" Coppock

Reply to
Traves W. Coppock

Not to mention that some of us have to be on the second floor of our home for a decent cellular signal. I have no cellular service in my basement shop.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .