MOONBEAM

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze6omtd/jorysquibb/index.html
Jeez, that sucker is ugly. Looks sort of like a snail on wheels. And, yes, it does use wood to make. Probably be a good kid's toy, for for checking your mail, if you've got a long drive.
JOAT You can't always judge by appearances, the early bird may have been up all night.
On Jan 7, 7:39am, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

Wow, what a way to impress the ladies, eh? If you can't get laid in that one.....
Somebody wrote:

Remember the Izzeta<s/p> AKA: Pregnant RollerSkate?
What goes around, comes around.
About as useful as a set of breasts on a boar hog if you live outside the sun belt. (It's no snowmobile)
Lew
J T wrote:

I don't get the cost/benefit trade, even if you assume his time was only worth $10/hour, he has $12,500 tied up in that lawn mower engine with a bubble. That's a whole lot of gas for the vehicle that fulfills the union of all a driver's needs; and that assumes the bubble doesn't need repairs and cost absolutely $0 to drive.

That's not all I don't get. Frickin' thing is hideous, dangerous and useless in snow and ice as the front wheels will clog up in no time rendering the thing un-steerable.
Robatoy wrote:

2500 bucks, 40 mph, 80 mpg in traffic? He could have gotten a brand new Piaggio or Vespa for that. 5 buck fill up? Costs me almost 20 to fill up my Suzuki.
--John
Mon, Jan 7, 2008, 6:53am (EST-2) snipped-for-privacy@hadenough.com (Mark&Juanita) doth wondereth: I don't get the cost/benefit trade, even if you assume his time was only worth $10/hour, he has $12,500 tied up in that lawn mower engine with a bubble. <snip>
Making it yourself - priceless.
JOAT You can't always judge by appearances, the early bird may have been up all night.
On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 06:53:45 -0700, Mark & Juanita

You're posting to REC.woodworking and talking about the value of an amateur project's time?
Last weekend it took me about 12 hours to jack my car up and change the brake pads & rotors. Considering my billing rate as a consultant is about $250/hr and the local speed shop rate is about $90/hr, was a terrible cost/benefit.
But OTOH I now know a lot more about my Z3's brake system, and I spent several hours without once worrying about next July when my company tells me I have to move to Texas or quit a job I really like.
It's all relative... :-) Mike Patterson Please remove the spamtrap to email me. "I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin
Mike Patterson wrote:

Oh, I get the idea of doing something purely for the joy of it, regardless of the cost trade; my comment was more in line with the implied commentary on the desire that more people either build or buy these lawn mower engines with bubbles. That is where the cost/benefit thought process enters.

Oh yeah.

J T wrote:

and the car ain't no prize neither...     j4
:-)