"Mobile" base for Grizzly G0555 bandsaw

I recently received my Grizzly bandsaw and set it up in the middle of our garage. I was pushing our budget already, so I did not purchase the $70 mobile base (which I've read some bad reports about anyway).

Anyway, as luck would have it, one of our cars broke down so I needed to move the bandsaw out of the way quickly to work on the car. I have a cheap handtruck, so I decided to give that a try. Thanks to the feet on the bandsaw stand, it's easy to slip the base of handtruck under the stand and tilt the saw back. Coming in from the left side of the saw I was pleasantly surprised by how nicely the saw balanced on the handtruck and how easy it was to maneuver around the garage.

So, I won't be worrying about purchasing a mobile base for my bandsaw.

I already had the handtruck, but it may be a cheaper option for others. And you can use it for other things too. :)

Best of all, the bandsaw sits solidly on all four feet when in use.

Anthony

Reply to
HerHusband

I have the Griz mobile base and I like it a lot. I've never had a problem with it.

Reply to
Will