Looking for Grizzly G0555 vs G0555X bandsaw comparisons

Has anyone seen an article or anything online comparing these two bandsaws from Grizzly? I have read reviews of the G0555 in the September 2008 of Wood but nothing on the G0555X. When you include shipping there is a $210 difference in the price.

Reply to
Dick Snyder

"Dick Snyder" wrote in news:aMmal.5900$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrddc01.gnilink.net:

There used to be a comparison chart on the website... Can't find it now but I seem to remember these upgrades on the X version: Cast iron wheels resaw fence enclosed base work light HP increase

I'm sure there are others but I don't remember what they were.

Larry

Reply to
Larry

I've not seen any comparison. The G0555 was reviewed or mentioned in several magazines when it came out. The G0555X was included by Fine Woodworking in a review of comparable bandsaws in 2207. Overall impression by the reviewer was good.

Grizzly's web site you can look at the differences:
have a G0555 and it does a good job for me. The included fence is not bad but doesn't shine either. I wouldn't mine having the improved fence in the X model, or the larger table. I am happy with the horsepower I have on mine.

Reply to
Jim Weisgram

I think the only difference between the X model and the plane 555 is that the resaw fence is included. I have the 555 and bought the resaw fence later on. I think it cost me about $95. I also bought the 6" extension block kit for it later. When I go to Branson I always stop off at Grizzly and shop. I have no complaints about my G0555 bandsaw and I recommend it to everyone. I always wait till they have a sale and get it a few bucks cheaper. Id rather drive a couple hundred miles that pay for shipping.

Reply to
Dave

Personally I think the difference is worth the extra dollars. I almost bought the 555X, until they had a sale on an even larger (and more powerful) BS, and I bought that one....

Reply to
Ralph E Lindberg