Minor Gloat

I got a Stanley #5 Fore Plane, dirty, but 100% excellent condition.

Price?

$0.00

I discovered it walled up in a non-load bearing wall while renovating a house built in the 30's. I suspect it is newer than that, but the wall had been added much later than that.

All I had to do was take it apart, clean it, and oil it. Oh, and sharpen the iron.

THere was a very, very faint coating of surface rust that wore off in five minutes of use.

Bill

Reply to
Bill McNutt

May I be the first to "gloat" you. It is the little things that bring the most entertainment.

Reply to
ToolMiser

And here I thought I did good buying 775 BF of pecan for 350.00 yesterday. The local dealers are getting 5.00 per BF. Now all I have to do is find a few projects to use it on.

Reply to
Dennis W. Ewing Sr.

Nice! I've buried some items on a few jobs of mine, and hope the finders will appreciate 'em. Tom Someday, it'll all be over....

Reply to
Tom

So, have you tried to borrow a metal detector for the other walls yet? As opposed to opening them up with a wrecking bar;-) Joe

Reply to
Joe Gorman

in Fairfax

Reply to
dave in fairfax

I didn't need to. The house had partially burned (fortunately not the wall with my plane in it, and we stripped it out to the studs and clapboard. Nothing else to be seen.

Bill

Reply to
Bill McNutt

Reply to