Minor Gloat

I got a Stanley #5 Fore Plane, dirty, but 100% excellent condition.
Price?
$0.00
I discovered it walled up in a non-load bearing wall while renovating a house built in the 30's. I suspect it is newer than that, but the wall had been added much later than that.
All I had to do was take it apart, clean it, and oil it. Oh, and sharpen the iron.
THere was a very, very faint coating of surface rust that wore off in five minutes of use.
Bill
May I be the first to "gloat" you. It is the little things that bring the most entertainment.
And here I thought I did good buying 775 BF of pecan for 350.00 yesterday. The local dealers are getting 5.00 per BF. Now all I have to do is find a few projects to use it on.
--
Dennis W. Ewing Sr
210/653-1276

Nice! I've buried some items on a few jobs of mine, and hope the finders will appreciate 'em. Tom Someday, it'll all be over....
Bill McNutt wrote:

So, have you tried to borrow a metal detector for the other walls yet? As opposed to opening them up with a wrecking bar;-) Joe

http://www.supertool.com/StanleyBG/stan1.htm#num5 Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use: