Minor Gloat

Stopped by a yard sale yesterday, and saw a new Vigoro wood handled post hole digger. Has rubber covers on the tops. Still has the tags on it, and not one nick or scratch from use. I got it for $5. I don't know what they cost.

I buy all my rakes, shovels, etc, at yard sales. Very occasionally, I will go buy something special, the last ones being a splitting maul and a pick/mattock combo, both with fiberglass handles.

But heck, around here I can get all the yard tools I want for a buck or two. And always in very good to new condition.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

I do the same thing. for a variety of reasons I prefer electric chain saws. always start, if dropped smashed low cost. very controllable, no messing around to get it started.

i buy mine at flea markets and garage sales for 10 bucks a poiece or less. I often find them in perfect shape, and ttempt to get the same model so parts are interchangeable.

Reply to
hallerb