Minor gloat

Asked the guy at the yard if he had any interesting cutoffs. He "threw in" a couple of pieces of "mahogany" that were oddly shaped but just the right size for me to get a couple of little boxes out of (doing that for Christmas this year, trying to match the wood to the personality of the recipient). Well, it was singularly unpromising mahogany, but I ran one through the planer anyway just to see how bad it was and it turned out not to be mahogany at all but a very, very nice piece of makore. I'm hoping the other one is as good.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Wed, Dec 20, 2006, 1:30pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@cox.net (J.=A0Clarke) did posteth: Asked the guy at the yard if he had any interesting cutoffs. He "threw in" a couple of pieces of "mahogany"

I'd say a warm fuzzy too, for it being free. It always pays to ask.

JOAT Chubby had not demanded much out of life, and had got it.

Reply to
J T