Mildly OT: Suggestions for a new pocket knife

Page 3 of 3

I know that Case will do that. I would bet that Kershaw would to. Good idea.
HeyBub wrote the following:

From their site: Limited Lifetime Warranty Kershaw products are guaranteed for the lifetime of the original owner to be free of defects when received from the factory. Any product we find to be defective in its original material, construction, or workmanship will be repaired or replaced with the same item or one of equal value at no charge. (Of course, normal wear, abuse such as prying with the knife, or neglect are excluded from this non-transferable warranty.) For warranty service, please return product via UPS or insured mail. Include your name, address, telephone number, and a short explanation of the warranty service requested to the address below. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery.
Kai USA ltd., Kershaw Knives WARRANTY DEPARTMENT 18600 SW Teton Avenue Tualatin, OR 97062
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Gee, who else do we know in Tualatin?

The stickler here may be the statement that the knife has a lifetime warranty when "received" from the factory. I think that reads if you buy direct from Kershaw, not from a retailer.
On 10/4/10 7:46 AM, Leon wrote:

I highly doubt that. They wouldn't have any retailers if that were the case.
--

-MIKE-

That is actually a common practice, the manufacturer offering a better warranty than the retailers, Not uncommon for a manufacturer to offer a life time warranty an $X + X% the retailer offering a shorter warranty at $X
On 10/5/10 7:51 AM, Leon wrote:

I guess I was thinking warranty vs. NO warranty.
--

-MIKE-

On 10/2/2010 11:57 PM, Steve Turner wrote:

me by my wife , she had my intitials engraved on the blade . Unfortunately it was taken from my house when it was burgled and I always meant to replace it but sadly they don't list that model anymore . In it's place I opted for a limited issue Kershaw , made in Solingen Germany , has deer antler scales and brass bolster, 80mm hollow ground blade ,its a folder and I have found the blade to be of good quality , price was 150.00AUD about 20 years ago.I dont carry it much at all as we are not permitted to carry knves in a belt pouch here at any time . But as a field knife for hunting it's a pearler
For ever day use I have a 3" folding boot knife made by G96 , the boot holster has long since given up , but I wear a stockmans belt that has a pouch sewn on to it the knife fits into it and lays parrallel with the belt ,and has a small flap with a press stud fastner ,It sits just left of the buckle and is rather obscure ( hides under my drooping gut) and dosen't stand out ,in fact most people dont realise that I carry a knife at all except when I take it out and usually get the question "where did you get that from ?" I reply with a question " the knife or the gut?" . The little G96 I've had since the late 70's holds a good edge and It gets used for every thing from opening parcels to skinning game.
I owned a Puma one time , excellent knife , cost way more than my Kershaws together when I bought it , unfortunately it's laying in a field somewhere a long way from where I live now. Hopefully some one found it and gave it good home.
--
Kevin (Bluey)