MDF or Particle board tubes or ???

My son wants one of those Cat condos that are made of carpet covered wood products. I can see what much of it is mad from, but there are tubes (about 12" in diameter) that seem like they are made of MDF or particle board. Does anyone know what this material is and where I can get some?
Cardboard tubes from carpet stores? About the right diameter and very heavy-duty.

That's what they are. After my cats riped the carpet off theirs, I got a look at the inside.

CW wrote:

You actually got cats to *play* with one of those things?
Eric Anderson wrote:

How about using "Sonotube"?

Eric, Where are you located? I work in a paper mill and can fix you up if you are close.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com Rusty

Home Depot sells round forms of different sizes that are used for forming cement piers for support posts for decks, etc. I think they are only a few bucks apiece.
frank
I think I will look into our Home Depot here in Ann Arbor to see if they carry these forms.
Thanks, all for your suggestions. I think they are all possible ways for me to go.

Eric Anderson wrote:

Cardboard cement forms.
Try 12" plastic tile.