Makita laminate trimmer - need help wih chamfering

Just bought a Makita 3709 (looks like 3707 withouth the light) laminate trimmer. The manual is close to useless (paper and on-line). There is a line in the parts list "Trimmer base assemvly (for chamfering with a straight bit). There is no reference to this in the manual whatsoever. Anyone like to elucidate?

thanks Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Burnett

I think they are refering to a pivoting base assembly which is not included in the 3709 kit. The pivoting base would allow you to chamfer an edge using a straight bit. The reason it doesn't make sense is that you don't have the part they refer to.

DonkeyHody "Every man is my superior in that I can learn from him." - Thomas Carlyle

Reply to
DonkeyHody

Was looking for parts and your post came up. I have the same trimme and needed a collet so I have pasted a website link for hte parts lis for this model 3709 laminate trimmer. Hope it helps.

-- bodger299

Reply to
bodger299