Table for Laminate Trimmer

I have a Porter-Cable laminate trimmer

and I would like to know whether it fits into a pre-made router table, what modifications would have to be made, whether a simple table can be built (I'm pretty much of a novice), etc.

Any suggestions you might give would be greatly appreciated,.

Thanks !

Reply to
Morgan

You will have to make your own opening. I don't know of any table that would fit that router base because it does not have any screws to hold it to the base. It would also be very hard to adjust under the table. Your best bet is to buy a regular router that would work with any table you choose. If it has a porter cable type base it should.

Tim

Reply to
tdup2

A table for it would be the same basic design as any other router table. Your base plate would be a real problem and would have to be custom made to fit the table and router. Why do you want that small of a router in a table?? I find the only advantage of a trim router is the size for free hand work and it a table it would have no advantage and a lot of disadvantages. I do a lot of small items with the router and find that the trim router is my main use router but when I do use a table a PC 690 has a lot of advantages in power, and adjustment.[, even for very small delicate work.

Reply to
Curran Copeland

I am a luthier, not a woodworker/cabinet-maker, so the laminate trimmer is much more flexible for the work I am doing. My workshop is small, my wallet fairly slim, so I have to choose my tools carefully.

Reply to
Morgan

Depends what you're gonna do with it. I have something I use for slotting bridges which is just a piece of birch ply with three holes in it. I clamp it on the bench overhanging and the router screws onto it upside down. A fence is just a pice of beech and two clamps. It works very nicely for small stuff.

Reply to
Ignoramus

But a beautifully rewarding pursuit...

Reply to