looking for router bit

Hope someone has seen what I'm looking for. I'm looking for a roundover bit w/bearing - but one with a less dramatic roundover than "normal". Something that will produce a roundover akin to a bullnose half radius bit (http://tinyurl.com/3xh6z ). I'm trying to match a tabletop edge and the thickness of the top I'm trying to edge is exactly 1". The bullnose half radius bit would work, but I'm not finding any that make a 1" cut ... at least any that don't cost an arm and a leg. I figured I might be able to find a bit that makes the same cut in two passes with a bearing, but no luck so far.
On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 10:45:59 -0600, Anonymoose <Ihatespam> wrote:

scratch stock?

I don't know what you mean...
On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 12:12:54 -0600, Anonymoose <Ihatespam> wrote:

a scratch stock is a shop made profiling device. it's easy to make, leaves a nicer surace than a router and lets you make any profile you want. it's also cheap or free to do, depending on what you have on hand.

Thanks - I learned something new by reading up on scratch stock making
http://tinyurl.com/3hn6r

I saw a new bit, called a furniture bit. Not sure if it's near the radius you require, but try MLCS.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (BErney1014) wrote in

You da man! The "Furniture Maker Bit" looks like exactly what I'm looking for!
Can you take a large roundover bit and just use part of it?
Preston "Anonymoose" <Ihatespam> wrote in message

I tried that and couldn't get a satisfactory edge - was either too flat at the bottom of the cut, or too round at the top, depending on how much of the bit I used. Maybe with a much larger roundover bit it would have worked, But, I suspect it'd have to be really big.
Sound like you are looking for a thumbnail bit. Try Eagle-america.com.
John Wozniak

bit
half