Looking for an impact driver mechanism illustration

Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone here would be able to point me out to a picture or an illustration showing the mechanism or the action of a cordless impact driver. I'm currently writing an article on this subject and since a picture is worth a thousand words, I'd like to use a picture instead of trying to describe it...
Thanks for any help.
Cyberben
Wed, May 26, 2004, 2:08pm (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@videotron.ca (BeniBoose) queries: <snip> I'd like to use a picture instead of trying to describe it...
Are you saying you want to include someone else's work, that is possibly copyright protected, in your article, without first obtaining permission?
JOAT "106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses." - Elwood
"Hit it." - Joliet Jake

I didn't read quite that much into the OP's question, but...
Perhaps he could contact a manufacturer of one of these tools and ask if they have a cross-section or exploded illustration he could use.
Most manufacturers happily supply this kind of material. After all, it's about marketing.
We have zero problem getting such illustrations for our publications (farm equipment).
djb
Or search the patent office drawings.

Makita provides both a cutaway view as well as an exploded view on their web site. Copying a picture or graphic without permission could constitute infringement. The same is true of professional models who exhibit their portfolio online to seek work engagements. Just because it can be viewed does not grant copy permission.
On Wed, 26 May 2004 18:59:35 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

Agreed. And, in my experience a phone call or email to the marketing department will almost certainly result in permission being granted.
djb
Thank you for caring so much about copyright infringement... My intention was only to show a real picture of an impact driver mechanism to a graphic artist so he/she can make his/her own simplified illustration for the purpose of our article which is explaining the impact mechanism. It's a lot easier for the artist to draw something when they get to see it first.
I'm working for a serious magazine and we're responsible on that end...
Thanks for any help.
P.S.: I already had the Makita picture but felt it was not enough explanation as we don't see how the hammer strike the anvil.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote in message (BeniBoose)

http://makita.com/html/impact_drivers.asp
I have the 14.4V model