Looking for a long-term business partner in North NJ/NYC area

Page 2 of 2

That has me curious. If not MDF for speaker boxes nowadays, what? Composite plastics?
--
Jim in NC

On 5/13/2014 6:05 PM, Morgans wrote:

Exactly, or synthetic woods. Although it depends somewhat upon the speaker and its use. MDF is still used, as well as a void free plywood, like Baltic Birch plywood for PA applications. Composite materials/thermoplastic polymers with glass reinforced plastic fibers that mimic wood, especially for designs that use computers to design and manufacture speaker shapes that can't be done with wood.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

Snip

There was a guy on rec.audio.pro and another one on sci.crypto that would post questions to the group and then argue, like hell, with the experts when they didn't like their answers. I'm surprised anyone even talked to them.
On 5/14/2014 8:32 PM, Gray_Wolf wrote:

Most every newsgroup has one of them. Must be a franchise deal.