common courtesey

I was supposed to have a phone interview this morning at 10:30.

No one called to cancel, no one called for the interview. All attempts to reach the person who arranged the interview have failed.

So much for common courtesy.

Reply to
woodchucker

I would be trying to call someone's boss. It was probably an oversight...Monday morning.. Maybe someone called in sick. Good luck! Don't thrown the hand in yet. Play it (if you're willing to work for them).

Bill

Reply to
Bill

I've had situations like that.

The first thing I would ask is, was it HR or not? Is the shop even big enough to have an HR department. Regardless, following up with management is a great idea, if it's an option.

Reply to
Joe S.

Things haven't changed much in 40 years.

Long ago I called AT&T about a "hiring" ad that was in the local paper. The people at that number didn't know there was an ad running. The ad was placed by their HR department which was 400 miles away and no one bothered to call and let them know.

The ad ran again a few weeks later and this time the person who answered the call knew they were hiring. Went for the interview and then spent 32 years with them.

Reply to
adsDUMP

Right hand... meet left hand. How are you today?

Reply to
Joe S.

At least your first call to them gave you fair warning of what to expect for the next 32 years...

Reply to
Larry Kraus

Their Mom may have died, no one thought to take care of their schedule. Ask again. Make sure you don't have a negative attitude which is awful easy to have in these situation.

Reply to
OFWW

Well last night around 5 I made contact with the person who setup the interview. They were sorry and wanted to reschedule for 10:30pm... I said that's pretty late... ...no,no I meant am.. Ok 10:30am is good...

Stood up again.

Reply to
woodchucker

Makes you wonder if you really want to work there, but it may only be one idiot.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I'd be calling his boss about now, figuring the job was a lost cause anyhow. I'd ask the boss if this is how they scheduled jobs.

Reply to
OFWW

And I knew when to leave - the early retirement offer that year was the first I was eligible for and better than all the following years. I've "retired" 3 (or is it 4?) more times from other jobs since - never me looking for work, just work that someone came asking me to do. It's nice to have skills that are needed enough that someone will pay an hourly rate for your time ;-)

Reply to
adsDUMP

... maybe this was your interview .. ? Good luck the rest of the way. John T.

hubops

That's generally about all it takes - - - .

Reply to
clare

Mabee the clown IS the boss????

Reply to
clare

.. then again, maybe this is all part of the interview ?

.. seeing how you handle difficult & changing conditions ? how you communicate ? how you re-align your schedule ? .... how much you really want this job ! just a thought .. Don't burn too many bridges, too fast. Good luck. John T.

hubops

Personally I would never want to work for a company that plays these type games. Been there and done that. If this is the interview technique rest assured that normal is going to be this way too and you will never be able to make a decision without having doubt.

Reply to
Leon

I'm not burning any bridges. I am right now starting to envision traveling 2.5 hours again each way if this doesn't pan out. So I am anxious to have this one work.

I once had an interview where the manager interviewed me, then he brought in a bunch of people and they got really rough and started yelling at me and screaming, many at once... I realized it was a high pressure interview designed to see where I cracked.

They offered me the position.I refused. They then offered me a position above that position. Again I refused. My wife and I reasoned that them bringing in lunch everyday, a hot cart of 7 gourmet meals and the interview meant they wanted my life.. No leaving for lunch, not weekends. It was a finance, and I was in finance at the time. I did not like many of the people in the industry. I found they were not REAL people. Lots of backstabbing and strategizing on how to get ahead or over someone.

Reply to
woodchucker

Guy's last name isn't Hedges by chance???

Reply to
clare

woodchucker wrote in news:sqednfZxZ813de3OnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@ptd.net:

(Somewhat) related story. I was laid off on 3/11 from the company I had been with for 35 years. I reinterviewed on 4/5 for one of two an essentially similar positions at a lower grade for what I was doing before. Told I was the 'top candidate' and a decision would be made within the week. Since then they keep telling me I'm still the 'top candidate', they've stopped giving me decision dates, and won't give a firm yes or no. at this point I'm assuming the answer is no. Meanwhile they've already made an offer on the other open position at the same level. Hmm call me 'tired of waiting'.

Reply to
xxxx

Looks like I am being stood up again. This person must be sick... or they are just jerking me around.

Reply to
woodchucker