Lee Valley Gift Card Sale

Lee Valley has a sale going on their gift cards. Looks like it's about 10% off.

I plan on saving mine for the next free shipping event.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

In case you are interested, if you order at "The Woodworking Shows", they give free shipping. Bill

Reply to
Bill

they have nice stuff but the prices are usually high to begin with maybe with 10% and free shipping they are more competitive

Reply to
Electric Comet

I can't find what "special event card" means. They are not like regular gift cards. Anyone else have any luck on finding the rules for special event card?

Reply to
woodchucker

woodchucker wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@ptd.net:

I don't see any mention of "special event card" on the page:

Looks like a normal gift card to me.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

I think this is the special event, a discount.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

What a bunch of greedy SOBs you all are. It is a GIFT card, meant to be given away as a GIFT, not kept for yourself to save a few bucks.

If anyone needs my address to send me one, just email me for a quick response. Then I'll know your heart is in the right place!

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Reply to
Bill

Electric Comet wrote in news:mqibm3$p6a$2 @dont-email.me:

Much of their stuff is significantly better quality than average, and the high prices are justified. Of course, some of it is not, and is simply overpriced. You have to be a discerning shopper.

John

Reply to
John McCoy

Exactly! And understand that their service is almost second to none. If you have a problem they, 99.9 % of the time, handle it with one contact.

Reply to
Leon

While supplies last / limited number available and not available as the online electronic print-it-yourself type of gift certificate. John T.

hubops

I ordered some lawn mower parts from Troy-Bilt Tuesday afternoon paying for "second day air" at $9.99, and had them by 6:00 pm the next day (Wednesday), and so I was able to install them today. Your post reminded me that I wanted to thank them for their "expediency". I just spent 5-10 minutes browsing around for a way to contact them by email, but couldn't find anything--the messages they sent me said "do not reply". Sign of the times? lol

Reply to
Bill

------------------------------------------------------------- Go to Troy-Bilt Parts, "Ask a Question".

Submit your compliment as a Question.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

i have bought some of their stuff it is still good

discernmant is usually a good skill in most everything except maybe in a gift horse

Reply to
Electric Comet

if you want to spend 850 you can save 15 percent

but i wonder how the card works

do you add the money to your account because then you could also buy things on sale and save even more

but i wonder if they allow that

Reply to
Electric Comet

Ed Pawlowski wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

I'll send you mine if you send me yours. :-)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

A $ 1000. card will cost $ 850.

Use it for anything except Festool or SawStop.

It's as simple as that.

It says that it can be used for future purchases - which would seem to indicate that paying off your account is not allowed.

John T.

hubops

I needed to submit my feedback through a chat session, but it's done. Thanks!

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Of course they let you use your gift card to buy items on sale. When you check out on line you enter your gift card number and you GC balance is reduced by the total of the ticket. Handled just like any other gift card.

Reply to
Leon

Obviously, this is a thinly-veiled disguise to offer a 15% discount to those who agree to spend $1000 in advance. Nothing wrong with that, as someone spending at that level is perhaps entitled to a discount. And I'm sure there is a percentage of gift cards that, for whatever reason, are never fully redeemed.

As far as gifts go, put me down for the 3pc spokeshave set and the router plane. That's only about $400 though, so I can't buy a card--maybe someone else will have something left over on his or her card? : ) LOL

Reply to
Bill