Lee Valley Gift Card Sale

Page 1 of 2
Lee Valley has a sale going on their gift cards. Looks like it's about 10% off.
I plan on saving mine for the next free shipping event.
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

Puckdropper wrote:

they give free shipping. Bill

On 13 Aug 2015 13:39:04 GMT Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

they have nice stuff but the prices are usually high to begin with maybe with 10% and free shipping they are more competitive

Much of their stuff is significantly better quality than average, and the high prices are justified. Of course, some of it is not, and is simply overpriced. You have to be a discerning shopper.
John
On 8/13/2015 3:37 PM, John McCoy wrote:

Exactly! And understand that their service is almost second to none. If you have a problem they, 99.9 % of the time, handle it with one contact.
Leon wrote:

for "second day air" at $9.99, and had them by 6:00 pm the next day (Wednesday), and so I was able to install them today. Your post reminded me that I wanted to thank them for their "expediency". I just spent 5-10 minutes browsing around for a way to contact them by email, but couldn't find anything--the messages they sent me said "do not reply". Sign of the times? lol
"Bill" wrote:

Go to Troy-Bilt Parts, "Ask a Question".
Submit your compliment as a Question.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Thanks!
Bill

On Thu, 13 Aug 2015 20:37:57 +0000 (UTC)

i have bought some of their stuff it is still good
discernmant is usually a good skill in most everything except maybe in a gift horse
On 8/13/2015 9:39 AM, Puckdropper wrote:

I can't find what "special event card" means. They are not like regular gift cards. Anyone else have any luck on finding the rules for special event card?
--
Jeff

I don't see any mention of "special event card" on the page: http://www.leevalley.com/us/home/page.aspx?ps254
Looks like a normal gift card to me.
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

On 8/13/2015 12:46 PM, Puckdropper wrote:

I think this is the special event, a discount.

While supplies last / limited number available and not available as the online electronic print-it-yourself type of gift certificate. John T.
--- ---
On 8/13/2015 9:39 AM, Puckdropper wrote:

What a bunch of greedy SOBs you all are. It is a GIFT card, meant to be given away as a GIFT, not kept for yourself to save a few bucks.
If anyone needs my address to send me one, just email me for a quick response. Then I'll know your heart is in the right place!
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I'll send you mine if you send me yours. :-)
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

On 13 Aug 2015 13:39:04 GMT Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

if you want to spend 850 you can save 15 percent
but i wonder how the card works
do you add the money to your account because then you could also buy things on sale and save even more
but i wonder if they allow that

A $ 1000. card will cost $ 850.
http://www.leevalley.com/en/home/page.aspx?ps253&cats254
Use it for anything except Festool or SawStop.
It's as simple as that.
It says that it can be used for future purchases - which would seem to indicate that paying off your account is not allowed.
John T.
--- ---
On Fri, 14 Aug 2015 08:39:54 -0400

that goes without saying

it is a good deal if you shop there enough also consider that the 850 can boost flyer miles and/or whatever else your credit card gets you.
On 8/13/2015 8:32 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

Of course they let you use your gift card to buy items on sale. When you check out on line you enter your gift card number and you GC balance is reduced by the total of the ticket. Handled just like any other gift card.