JUST ONCE.....

On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 17:21:46 -0500, "Josepi"

Actually, it's entirely possible and probable. Say you're ripping an

8' sheet of wood. You don't need to visualize every inch of pushing to cut those 8'. A slow feeding of wood and cutting of your finger (until you react in pain) is entirely possible.
Reply to
Dave

On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 17:57:25 -0500, "Josepi"

Of course I'm aware of it. How ignorant of you to dismiss human nature to talk and the eagerness of news outfits to discover and publish the truth.

If the SawStop failed to fulfill its purpose, the news of it would spread throughout the woodworking industry like a wildfire ~ despite any attempt by SawStop insurance to silence such occurrences.

Reply to
Dave

On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 17:33:30 -0600, Leon

Ultimately, there's those injuries that can't be surgically repaired which means permanent disfigurement and injury which may cause permanent loss of or change of employment.

Then, there's the cost of the lawsuits and likelihood of large cash pay outs.

Finally, there's all the pain and anguish such an injury will cause. Ultimately, there really isn't any set amount of money you can apply to that.

Your 'cheap at 50 times the price' is just a pittance of the real total cost.

Reply to
Dave

"Josepi" wrote in news:83lTq.5190$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe06.iad:

Ok, now here's how we'll solve this once and for all: Get the Mythbusters to test it.

I'm only half kidding. The sword swinging rig would be ideal to swing a hot dog into the blade at super human speed. They can track how fast the hot dog goes, put a high speed camera on the cartridge (if it can be done without wrecking the thing) and test if it works.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Leon wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

You mean they aren't appealing that decision? That is a crime against humanity, and an undeserved plum for Gass.

Reply to
Han

Regardless of the eventual outcome, what has it cost to for defense?

Reply to
Leon

Leon wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Like it or not, that is the US law system. If it had been a "frivolous" suit, you could countersue, I think. IANAL!!!

Btw, I like the system in other countries, where you can be forced to pay the expenses of the winner of a suit, if the winner is the defendant. But that doesn't apply here (yet?).

Reply to
Han

Well I don't have one, nor a blade guard, nor a rive, and after 50 years of doing this, never nicked one fing-ee. Nor did either of my brothers, nor did my dad. At my age, I would think owning one might be a good idea, but, I don't need no steenking gov't dick head mandating I buy one with a every new saw purchase.

To be really safe, the gov't would have to mandate we stay on the couch, with a remote so we don't slip on an empty gov't approved potato chip bag on the way to the gov't controlled TV.

Jack A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Reply to
Jack

The accidents I have heard about tell how they didn't even know they had done it until they saw the blood. Then came the pain.

They don't react in pain.

--------------

On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 17:21:46 -0500, "Josepi"

Reply to
m II

Seems to me Joseppi was right!

You are ignorant of how legal cases work. When you go to a lawyer you are muzzled or you don't get no money and your lawyer walks away from you.

------------

If the SawStop failed to fulfill its purpose, the news of it would spread throughout the woodworking industry like a wildfire ~ despite any attempt by SawStop insurance to silence such occurrences.

------------- On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 17:57:25 -0500, "Josepi"

Reply to
m II

As an individual user with 50 years of no incidents under my belt, I'll take 3 new pickup trucks over $72,000 wasted in false trips.

Reply to
Jack

Jack, you sound exactly like all the people that eventually did have an accident. Almost verbatim your words came out of their mouths. The longer you go with out having an accident the closer you are to having one.

To be really safe, don't cut off your nose to spite your face.

Reply to
Leon

On paper that sounds good but jurys are paid off every where and big business has more money to spend than you or I. We may not be able to afford to be in the right.

Reply to
Leon

Cut'em off public health insurance and make him pay his own premiums for being a danger to himself.

-------------- > To be really safe, the gov't would have to mandate we stay on the > couch,

Reply to
m II

LUCKY you!

Make sure you cancel your auto insurance and cut off the seat belts too.

Reply to
m II

Tick tock, be careful Jack.

Reply to
Leon

Leon wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Not true. If the chances of anyone having an accident are X, then having had no accidents doesn't increase your chances. That's elementary in statistics. Roll 2 dice. You can calculate the chances for snake-eyes, if nobody tampered with the dice. The next time you roll those same dice, the chances for snake eyes are the same. Now, the chances for rolling snake eyes some time increase with the number of rolls allowed.

Reply to
Han

Leon wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

There are law systems without juries that work just as well as those with ...

Reply to
Han

Ummmm do you really believe that some one can do wood working for 50 years and and "never nick one finger? I believer that "x" is actually greater than zero.

Lets be real here.

Reply to
Leon

People ain't dice though. There are two good reasons the chances of an accident increase over time. One is complacency. Get too nonchalant and whack, one less fing-ee. The other is age. The longer you go w/o accident, the older ya get. The older ya get, the more useless ya get and one day, whack, another fing-ee bites the dust....

Perhaps the Gov't should mandate anyone buying/using a saw past the age of 60 or 65 MUST buy a SS.

Jack You know you are getting old when everything either dries up or leaks.

Reply to
Jack