Once bitten.

Ordered some bits online and collected them from TLC. Guy brought them to the counter in a couple of carrier bags. Only when getting home did I notice only three out of four of the same item were present (I'd bought several different things at once) Moral being check everything carefully no matter how much you hold up the queue behind you.

Did much the same with ToolStation. Some of the items I wanted weren't stock at my local branch. On collection, they were in two sealed cardboard boxes. Asked the assistant to open them to check everything I'd ordered and paid for was there. She wasn't happy and had to go and find some scissors to do this. And in one of the packages, a tin of paint had split open and spilled its contents. But just inside the plastic bag it was wrapped in, so not showing on the outside.

Took a further 1/4 hour or so for her to order up a replacement for collection later.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

That's the problem with the apparent "ease-of-ordering" online. Two or three items are pretty easy to check, but once you get above half-a-dozen it's amazing how often something is missing. Is it because people can't count above five, or do they put the item down somewhere and forget about it?

How in hell did a new tin of paint get open?

Reply to
Jeff Layman

I dunno. It was in its own cardboard box printed Toolstation and with the part number on it. And had plastic bubble packing to the top - and didn't look damaged from the outside. On asking for it to be replaced got a 'well the replacement might be the same'. ;-) And I had a witness to all this.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Or does it get sold for cash and not go through the books?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog