is there a universal table?

Hi all!
Just another newbie question: Is there something on the market that will allow me to take all my crappy tools and fit them into a universal table of some kind? Something where I can put my skill saw in upside down to become a table saw or my dremmel to become a router table, or my jig saw to become a scroll saw? I know it all sounds dangerous, I've seen more than enough accidents to thumbs and fingers on this newsgroup to know that safty is first, but such a table should be a possibility, a cheap combo table that you can stick your portable power tools into, any ideas?
There's no end, it seems, to Mankind's inventive nature. Why don't you design this "universal table", and patent it? Remember, "Safty (sic) First!" Tom >Subject: is there a universal table?

Someday, it'll all be over....
scribbled

Triton workcentre: http://www.triton.net.au/front.shtml
Note the accessories at the bottom. A friend had one, seemed to work well. Not cheap. Busy Bee tools carries then in Canada.
jeff macmill asks:

I think if you check around, you'll find multiple earlier attempts at such tables stuck in the rafters of many a woodworking shop. They were, AFAIK, each and every one a failure in one way or another, basically a cheap method of making a few extra bucks for the manufacturer from people who didn't have enough tool knowledge to resist.
Charlie Self
"In the final choice a soldier's pack is not so heavy as a prisoner's chains." Dwight D. Eisenhower

A dremel would be seriously underpowered in that application. There HAVE been such tables for circular saws, with the guards. DAGS. Sears marketed a sabre saw table, but it looked like more trouble than it was worth, IMO.
On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 09:32:55 -0800, jeff wrote:

I don't know about the Dremel, but...
Rockler has a series of baseplates that are all the same size and shape (in that cool blue aluminum) but take different tools. You could create a table to handle that style plate and just get different ones for each tool.
walt
a Dremel doesn't have the oomph to power a router bit. A scroll saw uses narrow blades supported at each end. A skill saw as a table saw for light duty projects would be your only possibility, and even that is suspect.
dave
jeff wrote:

jeff wrote:

At the risk of overstating the obvious: