Is there a hot tub that will fit through a doorway?

Hi ,

Would like to put in a modern hot tub inside our home, but don't want to have to rip out doorways....walls etc.... So am asking if anyone knows of a deep hot tub that can be brought in modules and put together to make a decent sized hot tub.? Any websites? Thanks....Jim

Reply to
Jim & Lil

People don't put hot tubs indoors unless the inside was designed for such usage. Steam etc. will ruin your walls and everything else.

Reply to
Rosen

Unless you put beer in it.

Reply to
Bruno The Magnificent

Hot tubs are far nicer and more enjoyable outside. Putting them inside is a mistake.

BB

Reply to
BinaryBillTheSailor

No "modular" ones though it's possible to build a spa out of concrete and tile inside. Most manufacturers have portable units that fit through doorways.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Cochran

Reply to
Jim & Lil

If you're referring to a true hot tub, and not a jet pool bathtub. This should be in a room all by itself. Access to replace shouldn't be a problem unless you have poorly designed access, of which it sounds like you do. I would encourage you to read up on indoor hot tubs and problems that are associated with them. You may think you're house is in perfect shape, but unless you have it checked for bacteria, you're only guessing. Here's a couple starter articles.

Rosen

Before you head on that venture, make sure that you have adequate humidity protection in the house. Indoor hot tubs add lots of water to the air, not to mention splashing water on the floor. The air can lead to lots of problems including mold. They are less of a problem if you are going to empty it after each use, but then you run into water consumption issues.

Carolyn

Reply to
Carolyn Marenger

also have seen a kind of foam/plastic portable one that is big enough for 4 people and one you get tired of it inside you can move it outside or take it on vacation

bill

Reply to
mcameron
"

It is a hot tub..I know the difference

This

Access to replace shouldn't be a problem

...... I do have poor acess hense the original question which you are not even listening to...lol..... I would encourage you to read up on indoor hot tubs and problems that are associated with them. .................I have.

You may think you're house is in perfect shape, but unless you have it checked for bacteria, you're only guessing. ......I have and I don't guess.......

Here's a couple starter articles.........Thanks for the info.....however it has nothing to do with my question.... Jim

tml

Reply to
Jim & Lil

"Jim & Lil" Thanks for the info.....however it

You're correct.

So the correct answer is : You cheap bastards are always looking for a way to do something, because you can't afford to do it correctly.

Run down to your local Homedepot, I'm sure they will have an answer for you.

Enjoy your half assed job since you seem to enjoy living like that

Reply to
Rosen

I already HAVE a hot tub in the room...I am simply thinking about renovating my existing one....was going to take a chainsaw to my perfectly fine...working hot tub and put in a newer model tis all...LOL....I can't afford to do it correctlly???...where in hell did you get that idea?...I wanted an answer to my question...ROFL....

I already have and they don't...thats why I came on here and asked....but you since you don't have an answer to the question, you decide on driveling on about the bad things that can happen when having a hot tub inside a dwelling. I own a 3000 sq ft 4 level split type home...(own...as in no payments)...the existing hot tub has been in the house when it was built

16 years and if you will read my post...it has been well ventilated...I said "well ventilated" to prevent people like you from going on about an "in house" hot tub.... but no...you don't have a clue to what I was asking for so ramble on an entirely different subject....Please stick to the subject line... IE:...look above...."is there a hot tub that will fit through a doorway?"....Like DUH!....simple question...if you can't come up with the answer...then shut the hell up!

haven't started yet....and you haven't got a clue on what I SEEM to enjoy....... ....sheesh....write whatever blows your skirt up the highest....Regards..Jim

Reply to
Jim & Lil

FWIW, in my area indoor hot tubs/spas are commonplace, especially in higher end construction. I'v also seen them in several other areas of the country, along with indoor pools, and in none of the areas was humidity or mold/mildew a problem. A concern, yes. Problem, no.

If you want one, do it.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Cochran

Agreed. Our previous house had a large jacuzzi tub, in a *very* small bathroom, with an exhaust fan controlled by a humidity sensor. We never had any problems at all.

Most residential doorways are 80" high by at least 30" wide. I'm no hot-tub expert, but it's difficult for me to imagine that you can't find one that you can fit through a doorway if you turn it on edge. Obviously you're not going to get an 8-foot tub through a standard doorway, but who says it has to be that big?

Doug Miller

But before you do, take the time to go to google.com and do a search for the very seriouus health threat, "Hot Tub Lung", which is almost exclusively a problem associated with indoor hot tubs.

BB

Reply to
BinaryBillThesailor

I've never seen one that's modular, but I know Hotspring used to make a nice, if perhaps smallish, tub that should fit through your door.

John

Reply to
John Gold

Thermospas has even some fairly large tubs designed specifically to fit through a standard doorway.

BB

Reply to
BinaryBillTheSailor

Thanks to all that replied.... I guess I will just keep the "Dated" hot tub that we have inside the house. I wanted to get a deeper one that had more jets like the newer models....and would fit through a doorway. The existing

Reply to
Jim & Lil

Yes, Virginia, there is a hot tub.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

replying to Rosen, Brian wrote: Who says it is staying indoors? What if the only access to your outside patio for the tub is thru the front door then thru a living room to a patio? Then what do you do?

Reply to
Brian