Another newbie question

Hi Got another question:

When my oldest iris bloomed this year I was getting 2 flowers per bud. When the first flower started to fade the second opened up. Has anyone had any experience with iris doing this? My amaryllis also bloomed with 5 flowers to each stalk instead of the normal 4. What I'm wondering is if it's something in the soil or the air or maybe in the rainwater?

Thanks Shell

Reply to
Shell91