Help ID'ing a Flower

Hi there!

I had a flower pop up out of nowhere this Spring (squirrels, perhaps?) and I cannot ID it. From afar I thought it was a Lily of the Valley gone loose, but when I came up on it, I realized I had no clue what it was. The flower is bell-like, and almost sculpted. The flower is white with six yellow stamens/petals. They are high up on a stalk, with maybe 3 - 7 flowers per stalk, mostloy close together. It smells like a hyacinth, and it even looks like a hyacinth, just very loose and with many, many fewer flowers.

I need to move the plant or it will eventually get trampled, but since I don't know what it is, I am not sure what to do with it.

Thanks for helping. I have tried over the past few days to figure it out on my own, and I am at a loss. I think when I learn the answer, I will be saying, "Duh, I knew that," but for now I am just saying, "Duh," period.

:)

Judy Rochester, NY

Reply to
Judy Bolton

sounds like "lily-of-the valley"?

Reply to
ricks555

It may actually be a hyacinth. After they've bloomed once or twice they get far fewer flowers on the stalk and look quite different from the tightly compacted, many bloomed hyacinth that we're used to seeing.

Jacqui

Reply to
axemanchris