I received a valentines bouquet with pink-trimmed white roses along
with another type of flower which I would love to identify. Here is a
description of the flower:
1) The small flowers are in clusters of various size, each cluster has
its own stem. Each flower is smaller than a dime.
2) The flowers are white with a slight pinkish hue here and there, the
closed bud of the flower is mauve/purplish
3) Each flower has 5 petals with a single stamen (?) in the very center
surrounded by a cirle of little seeds (circle of seeds line the bottom
of the petal)
4) The center of the flower is deep like a cup and could hold a drop or
two of water
5) The flowers have a mellow yet intoxicating fragrance
6) The flowers are sturdy. The roses are all wilted already, but these
flowers are still in great shape
7) The leaves on the stems of these flowers are like little spears,
similar to a rosemary leaf. The most interesting thing about the
leaves is that they give off a strong fragrance when crushed, almost
like a kaffir lime or lemongrass aroma.
If anyone here is familiar with this flower I would love to know what
it is so I can plant it in my garden.
Thanks for your help!
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.