question about flower fragrance

Hello. I wonder if anyone can answer a possibly dumb question - it's a matter of settling a dispute. Does a frequently sniffed flower have less fragrance than one that is not sniffed? A friend of mine insists that roses at a convenient height for smelling always smell less intense than ones that you have to go out of your way to smell. He thinks that with each sniff, some of the fragrance disappears and is not replaced. I don't agree. If anyone has any knowledge (or even an opinion) about this, I'd be interested in hearing it. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
whatever

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Unfortunately, I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the endorsements or recommendations I make.

Reply to
dr-solo

That's so funny. Ask your pal if an often-smelled cat turd also gets its odor sucked out of it by noses.

-paghat the ratgirl

Reply to
paghat

theres a thing a Viola...V odorata maybe ..which smells intense whe first sniffed then ya nose cant get the scent again for 3 or 4 hour coz the scent did somethin to ya nose...this is a fact

-- Eyebright

Reply to
Eyebright