interesting product.

I was reading Lee Valley's article that came out today and noticed this.

like a nice product.

Reply to
tiredofspam

Or you could do the same thing much cheaper with a 25W incandescent light bulb.

Reply to
Just Wondering

Sure. Until something bumps into it.

Reply to
Drew Lawson

We just went and got one, the 18" version, from the local Lee Valley. It is going in our front hall closet, it gets a bit humid in there at certain times of the year:

FYI

12" 12 Watts 18" 18 Watts 24" 25 Watts
Reply to
FrozenNorth

Exactly, plus the foot print is much different. And here in the US it will be hard to get incandescent bulbs in the future. I bought a bunch since here in the NE it's not practical to use the CFLs outside in the winter.

But I like the footpr> >> >>>

Reply to
tiredofspam

The bulb though, has a concentrated heat source and very hot surface. This may be preferable in some applications.

These have a maximum temperature of 150. Anyone know what a bulb is?

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Where I need a low level heat source, I wire two 60 watts in series, yeilds 30 watts of heat and the bulbs will last a couple of years.

Run at half power, they are hard to blow by bumping them.

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 08:25:54 -0500, basilisk

Yeah, but you'd be missing out on the greatest benefit ~ they don't look as good as the Lee Valley Tools heater. :)

Reply to
Dave

On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 19:03:03 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

Is this the real Mike Marlow answering this question? You're usually the one that flees when sex enters the discussion. :)

Reply to
Dave