interesting product.

I was reading Lee Valley's article that came out today and noticed this. http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/page.aspx?cat=1,43456&pi378
Seems like a nice product.
On 3/28/2012 9:16 AM, tiredofspam wrote:

Or you could do the same thing much cheaper with a 25W incandescent light bulb.

Sure. Until something bumps into it.
--
Drew Lawson | I'd like to find your inner child
| and kick its little ass
On 3/28/12 2:59 PM, Drew Lawson wrote:

We just went and got one, the 18" version, from the local Lee Valley. It is going in our front hall closet, it gets a bit humid in there at certain times of the year:
FYI 12" 12 Watts 18" 18 Watts 24" 25 Watts
--
Froz...

Exactly, plus the foot print is much different. And here in the US it will be hard to get incandescent bulbs in the future. I bought a bunch since here in the NE it's not practical to use the CFLs outside in the winter.
But I like the footprint of the heater.
On 3/28/2012 2:59 PM, Drew Lawson wrote:

On Wed, 28 Mar 2012 16:15:54 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

The bulb though, has a concentrated heat source and very hot surface. This may be preferable in some applications.
These have a maximum temperature of 150. Anyone know what a bulb is?
On Wed, 28 Mar 2012 17:11:14 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Where I need a low level heat source, I wire two 60 watts in series, yeilds 30 watts of heat and the bulbs will last a couple of years.
Run at half power, they are hard to blow by bumping them.
basilisk

Yeah, but you'd be missing out on the greatest benefit ~ they don't look as good as the Lee Valley Tools heater. :)
On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 19:03:03 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

Is this the real Mike Marlow answering this question? You're usually the one that flees when sex enters the discussion. :)