Incra V120 Miter Gauge 60 bucks shipped!

Rockler has these for 59.99 w/ free shipping. Incra® Miter V120 Gauge

the reviews I've read are very positive. This will replace my stock Delta with is about as accurate as bird-shot for a sniper.

I may get a fancier one some day, but for 60 bucks, I couldn't resist.

Reply to
-MIKE-

I've had one for several years now - got it as soon as they came out. I'm quite happy with it. I added my own fence and flip stop.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Don't waste your money. The 1000SE or 1000HD are better choices.

Reply to
tiredofspam

I bought this a few months ago. Added an 18" bar with t slots top and front for hold downs. I also had the Delta and this is a vast improvement at a reasonable cost.

Larry

Reply to
Gramp's shop

It's hardly a waste of money.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Let's see. The 1000SE has stops every 5 degrees, the V120 has every degree. The 1000SE does have a 180 degree range where the V120 only has a 120 degree range, But past +/-60 degrees you're almost ripping. The

1000SE does come with a fancy fence, but adding a fence to the V120 is trivial.

The 1000HD is indeed nice. It combines the 1 degree steps of the V120 with the 180 degree range and fancy fence of the 1000SE. But the price is in the $150-$190 range and I still question the utility of setting past 60 degrees.

My conclusion - the V120 is still the best bang for the buck.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Reply to
tiredofspam

Let's see. The 1000SE has stops every 5 degrees, the V120 has every degree. The 1000SE does have a 180 degree range where the V120 only has a 120 degree range, But past +/-60 degrees you're almost ripping. The

1000SE does come with a fancy fence, but adding a fence to the V120 is trivial.

The 1000HD is indeed nice. It combines the 1 degree steps of the V120 with the 180 degree range and fancy fence of the 1000SE. But the price is in the $150-$190 range and I still question the utility of setting past 60 degrees.

My conclusion - the V120 is still the best bang for the buck. ========================================================== That's what I thought when I bought mine several years ago. Rather make my own fence anyway. No regrets.

Reply to
CW

Yes it does. Either the 22 or the 23 is missing to make room for the

22.5.
Reply to
Larry Blanchard

It does have the 22.5 stops. As for wide crosscuts, I have a great sled that I use for wide boards for square cuts and a radial arm saw. I found myself using the Delta stock miter gauge for a lot of angled cuts for which I would normally use the chop saw, but am hesitant to do so due to its inaccuracy. I'm hoping this dispels my hesitation to go straight to the table saw for miters.

Reply to
-MIKE-

On Sat, 31 Mar 2012 13:52:56 -0600, MIKE- wrote (in article ):

I make octagon frames and the 22.5 of course is key. My stock delta miter fits the slot perfectly and I'm thinking about hijacking that bar (if only it was 2" longer...).

My sled gets a workout, but it's only 90 deg. The miter gauge is light weight and fast to adjust, that's why I like it over any custom sleds.

-BR

Reply to
Bruce

Why not make a sub fence that will work with your sled AND give you the 22.5 that you need?

Just a thought.

Reply to
Mike--the other one

On Sun, 1 Apr 2012 08:31:39 -0600, Mike--the other one wrote (in article ):

I'd still need the miter gauge for gobs of other uses. Tight is right!

-BR

Reply to
Bruce