Ink from lacquer?

Does anyone have a recipe to remove ink from the surface of lacquer. My 15 month old son made some not so nice art work on my coffee table. Pledge didn't work.

Thanks

Reply to
stoutman

if it's sharpie, alcohol will get it.

Reply to
Bridger

No. Just a regular ball-point pen.

Reply to
stoutman

My guess would be that, fifteen month old's actions being universal, he had to bear down quite a bit to get the marks to take and you are looking at depressions with the ink down in it rather then sitting on the normally smooth top surface.

Try a soft tooth brush and some paste wax and see what happens. If that works all you are left with is the dug in marks from the pen. Lucky you.

Good luck

Reply to
Mike G

Thanks Mike, I will give that a try. :)

Reply to
stoutman

Look on the bright side: Someday when your boy is world famous, that coffee table's gonna be worth a lot of money. You'll be able to charge admission to see it.

Reply to
Ratchet

If all else fails, carefully sand out the damage with 400 or 600 grit, spot-spray over the area with a spray can of Deft, then buff and polish.

Reply to
Steve Turner