Ink from lacquer?

Does anyone have a recipe to remove ink from the surface of lacquer. My 15 month old son made some not so nice art work on my coffee table. Pledge didn't work.
Thanks

if it's sharpie, alcohol will get it.
No. Just a regular ball-point pen.
wrote:

15
My guess would be that, fifteen month old's actions being universal, he had to bear down quite a bit to get the marks to take and you are looking at depressions with the ink down in it rather then sitting on the normally smooth top surface.
Try a soft tooth brush and some paste wax and see what happens. If that works all you are left with is the dug in marks from the pen. Lucky you.
Good luck
--
Mike G.
snipped-for-privacy@heirloom-woods.net

Pledge
If all else fails, carefully sand out the damage with 400 or 600 grit, spot-spray over the area with a spray can of Deft, then buff and polish.
--
To reply, change the chemical designation to its common name.

Look on the bright side: Someday when your boy is world famous, that coffee table's gonna be worth a lot of money. You'll be able to charge admission to see it.

15