Ink + Laminate

Hi all

After the latest back-from-uni visit from daughter, the problem has arisen as to how to remove seriously dried on ink from a laminate floor. It takes approx 2 days for the floor of her bedroom to change from totally clear to invisible whenever she comes home.

So, other than replacing the affected strips, is there an effective way of removing ink from light(ish) B&Q laminate flooring?

Thanks

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

try Polyclens or one of the equivavlents. It seems pretty good at getting most things off. You might need to reapply polish afterwards.

Reply to
charles

Would it not be easier to get your daughter to be more appreciative of her home, and take care?

Reply to
Moonraker

He, he, ha, ha, ha, ha. That's the best joke I have heard for days.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

I was thinking leaving it to now is a bit late!!

Reply to
Fredxx

depends what kind of ink. I'd try all these: WD40 Turps / white spirit Bleach PVCu cleaner

Although not all at the same time.

Reply to
Phil L

Angle grinder of course, is that any better? :-)

Reply to
newshound

That, or stain the floor black. ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim

"Moonraker" wrote

She has always been set a pretty good example re orderliness, the value of things and care for posessions etc. This behaviour is something of a mystery!

She regularly takes her laptop into the bathroom when bathing/showering despite warnings over the effect of damp etc. Particularly strange as she relies on the laptop for university work and gets well stressed when it goes wrong!

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

You think you've got problems.... mine came home and spilled hair dye on the carpet. No, not her (relatively small) bathroom or bedroom one, but the one which extends over the entire hall, stairs and landing.

Amateur - mine has done the whole house in that time...

David

Reply to
Lobster