Curing silicone?

Hi chaps,

I've made a construction (an ad hoc piece of equipment for use in ceramic glazing) which involves glueing plastic drainpipe to a plastic margarine tub.

I've used bathroom silicone to make the joint: will placing the object in the airing cupboard do anything to speed up the curing/setting of the silicone?

Cheers John

Reply to
Another John

I did not know it was ill.

seriously though, I doubt if it will make much difference from what I've done in the past, unless the heat is really extrem at any rate. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I've found silicone doesn't always stick that well to plastic. I'd have tried solvent weld cement for this task first.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)