Ink warnings

Just wondering what I'm not supposed to do with this printer ink. According to the symbols, it must be kept between -15C and +35C, out of direct sunlight, the right way up, and.... not be used while wearing a baseball cap.

Tough Guy no. 1265

It's a social inclusion warning reminding you not to print anything that neds can't read.

I like some of the safety warnings in John Deere equipment manuals, including this one:

which is a reminder not to drive your mower over small children.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I thought it meant that the mower is versatile, it cuts limbs equally well in both directions.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

Just a guess - do not drink?

Reply to
Mike Barnes

....smoke, inhale, or otherwise insert.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

Be particularly careful about the latter, as one does not want to strain the rollers as your head gets pulled into the mechanism.

I was particularly struck some years back when the instructions suggested the ink was permanent so do not use on surfaces not designed to be printed on. So, the mind boggles.

Then there was the Sony Walkman which seemed to only be used with small fat grinning Orientals.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Don't drop your hat in the printer; it's like the "no necktie" symbol on shredders.

Reply to
Adam Funk

I think that's sound advice. Similarly, you have to tell some people not to eat nut & seed shells. Someone asked the Straight Dope about "CAUTION: Remove shell before consuming nutmeats" on a bag of peanuts:

They [the manufacturers] tell of one character who ate an entire eight-ounce package of sunflower seeds, shells and all, and suffered an obstructed colon as a result. (An obstructed colon, which can be caused by too much roughage, is basically the world's worst case of constipation. Fecal matter backs up inside of you, developing the consistency of a brick.) The victim, dismissing the possibility that she may have brought this on herself, demanded compensation from Ace, but gave up after the company pointed to the warning that appears on all its products with shells, sunflower seeds and peanuts included. Admittedly it looks silly, but you can understand the problem.

Reply to
Adam Funk

I've never found a hat in a printer, but I did once remove all the wrappers from a box of Terry's All Gold from an HP Laserjet 2100DN.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

I hope the toner cartridges have "no snacking" warnings on them now.

Reply to
Adam Funk

It was in a school, warnings aren't followed. Stopping them from changing the input voltage selector from 240V to 110V on the PC power supplies involved superglue. It was quite funny seeing a teacher switch one on though.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265