Hoarding?

Your not alone, wait till you get to where you know you have something but can't find it and end up buying more so you will find it. When I got her my electrical construction truck was ready to be retired so they gave it to me and never unloaded it. I still have thousands of feet of wire, about 300' pipe, down to only 40' of strut. There is a 4 drawer 4' deep weather guard box fool of 1/2- 1" fittings. Boxes of caddy clips ect. Truck still runs great. Also have 1/2" thru 1 1/4" emt benders, several rigid hickeys. I just can't seem to part with anything I might need.
Mike M
On Wed, 07 Nov 2012 12:32:56 -0800, Mike M

her should have been hurt. But her is coming home tonight.
Greg Guarino wrote:

Sounds familiar. I have a Corsicana Texas fruitcake tin filled with sundry stuff like that. Been carting it around for close to 50 years, always look there first when i need somethiong, often find it.
--

dadiOH
____________________________

I was going to ask if you hollowed out that fruitcake with a router and how quickly the dead old thing dulled the bit, but then I saw the word "tin" behind it. Neever mind...
-- While we have the gift of life, it seems to me that only tragedy is to allow part of us to die - whether it is our spirit, our creativity, or our glorious uniqueness. -- Gilda Radner
email.me:
*snip*

Don't think about driving those nails, tap them into place. I've got a flat-head screwdriver with a small notch cut in the end to hold a railroad spike in place while I tap the end with a hammer. I usually set the nail in first with pliers (sometimes I push it in with the pliers, other times I hold it to tap with the hammer.) *snip*
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

On 11/7/2012 5:10 PM, Puckdropper wrote:

Maybe, but in addition to being extremely thin (I'll bet they'd be loose in a 1/16" hole), they're pretty long, maybe 1.25".
But, have I thrown them out? Of course not.
On 07 Nov 2012 22:10:42 GMT, Puckdropper

Note to Greg:
1) Obtain a cheap set of Chinese needlenose pliers. (US-made pliers have hardened tips so forget trying to file those.)
2) Unless you got very, very lucky and found a pair with actual sharp teeth, take a US-made triangular file and file 2 small V notches into the needle noses very close to the end, perpendicular to the length of the pliers. These will cup around the nail.
3) Use those to hold small nails and brads while you start 'em.
OR
4) Try picture frame pliers http://tinyurl.com/ay2t8fc to press them in.
-- While we have the gift of life, it seems to me that only tragedy is to allow part of us to die - whether it is our spirit, our creativity, or our glorious uniqueness. -- Gilda Radner

Hopefully, they're not pot metal. Slight surface rust is a GOOD thing in this case.
On 11/7/2012 5:23 PM, Father Haskell wrote:

Of course they are. They are not machined.