Harbor Freight safety instructions

Welcome to America in the 21st century.
Cover you ass in all possible ways or the plaintiffs attorneys will get you!
CP

I would sue for negligence:
1) No warning about using safety glasses. 2) Are you sure that the press does not contain materials known to cause cancer in California?
Very sloppy warning IMHO...
--
Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC
On 5/13/2010 10:01 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

The best set of safety instructions that I have seen are the ones that came for my John Deere lawn tractor. After pages of common sense warnings such as don't put your hands into the revolving blades, and moving belts, the forgot the most important warning.
The tractor has a metal box surrounding the muffler. If that is not kept clean, the grass can catch on fire. There is not one word about this real but not obvious danger.
On 5/13/2010 4:58 PM, Doug Miller wrote:

<snip>
"Read this material before using this product. Failure to do so can result in serious injury. SAVE THIS MANUAL"
...from the operating instructions that came with the 6" digital caliper I picked up at HF yesterday.
[image of a monkey trying to cover its backside with all four hands]
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Doug Miller wrote:

Wow! I've got a newfound respect for the lowly hamburger press... I think I'm gonna stock up. Might be good to have a few around for when the 2nd Amendment gets repealed, or when the entitlement riots break out. Sounds like you could put up a pretty good fight with one of these things...
Drew

My teenage son particularly enjoyed the part about not forcing the Hamburger Press to "do the job of a larger, industrial Hamburger Press" and wondered where we can buy one. Given the way a healthy, active teenage boy eats, I'm wondering if I need to go searching ...
On Fri, 14 May 2010 14:17:46 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

As in hollow leg, eating out of house and home etc. Yeah, I hear you.
http://www.galasource.com/food-machinery-of-america-omcan--kitchen/food-prep-supplies/patty-press/ProdDesc-BT10-43572.aspx?ref se
Doug Miller wrote:

Damn, no more beer while making hamburgers.
On May 13, 3:58pm, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

Same wording is in most HF manuals with "hamburger press" changed to whatever you just bought, "nose-picker", "nail-trimmer" or "drill press". If it's not in a manual or there's no manual, it's on a carefully folded sheet stuck in the bubble pack behind the goodies or stuffed in the bottom of the box. Legal ass-covering stuff and looks like the paper is recycled TP, anyway. Otherwise, somebody would pinch themselves in the press and sue for a billion. With the warning, HF is pretty much off the hook. The incremental cost of a sheet of paper is a whole lot less than the legal costs would be if they didn't have it. Sad to say, they have to design things for Ye Complete Moron, because they ARE out there and they'll try to use it.
Stan