Harbor Freight safety instructions

While; if they dont, youken eat you'res withinthe waxed paper cook't. Sorta flossandchew ate the same timey.

Reply to
Bill

And end up needing help from Roto-Rooter to go to the bathroom? No thanks! :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I don't know, I don't eat my hands.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Hmmm, I might have to pay notice to the size of the next toritilla press I see.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

I make a ball of the required weight and roll it round then place it between squares of waxed paper. If I am freezing the patties,I leave the waxed paper on both sides for easy separation of the frozen patties, if cooking immediately,I only use single paper between. the paper aids in placing the patties on the grill. For turning I use tongs with widely spaced fork prongs on one side and a solid spatula on the other. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

I've never had a problem peeling waxed paper from frozen meat that has started to thaw, perhaps you need better waxed paper. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

[snip]

Wow! I've got a newfound respect for the lowly hamburger press... I think I'm gonna stock up. Might be good to have a few around for when the 2nd Amendment gets repealed, or when the entitlement riots break out. Sounds like you could put up a pretty good fight with one of these things...

Drew

Reply to
drew

The best set of safety instructions that I have seen are the ones that came for my John Deere lawn tractor. After pages of common sense warnings such as don't put your hands into the revolving blades, and moving belts, the forgot the most important warning.

The tractor has a metal box surrounding the muffler. If that is not kept clean, the grass can catch on fire. There is not one word about this real but not obvious danger.

Reply to
Keith Nuttle

It is vastly better to freeze whole large cuts of meat, and then defrost and grind right before you are going to cook the burgers. The longer the meat spends in a ground state, the more oxidized it becomes, giving it a metallic off-taste. Grinding right before cooking avoids this problem since only the outside of the large piece of meat has been exposed to oxidation, vastly less surface area than when it is ground.

Reply to
Pete C.

My teenage son particularly enjoyed the part about not forcing the Hamburger Press to "do the job of a larger, industrial Hamburger Press" and wondered where we can buy one. Given the way a healthy, active teenage boy eats, I'm wondering if I need to go searching ...

Reply to
Doug Miller

As in hollow leg, eating out of house and home etc. Yeah, I hear you.

Spehro Pefhany

Damn, no more beer while making hamburgers.

Reply to
RBnDFW

Same wording is in most HF manuals with "hamburger press" changed to whatever you just bought, "nose-picker", "nail-trimmer" or "drill press". If it's not in a manual or there's no manual, it's on a carefully folded sheet stuck in the bubble pack behind the goodies or stuffed in the bottom of the box. Legal ass-covering stuff and looks like the paper is recycled TP, anyway. Otherwise, somebody would pinch themselves in the press and sue for a billion. With the warning, HF is pretty much off the hook. The incremental cost of a sheet of paper is a whole lot less than the legal costs would be if they didn't have it. Sad to say, they have to design things for Ye Complete Moron, because they ARE out there and they'll try to use it.

Stan

Reply to
stans4

If you keep them in the back of the freezer, they don't pick up much "off-taste". I've noticed that I definitely prefer beef, especially steaks, not frozen first. For my mom, I'm sure the convenience was a bigger factor than the taste--just pull out 3 more, 2 more, 5 more, etc. Ready-to-go... I'm pretty sure making hamburger patties was not her idea of fun and still isn't--she's got a McDonald's

1/2 mile from home and is not afraid to use it! : )

Bill

Grinding right before cooking avoids this problem

Reply to
Bill

What does McDonald's have to do with hamburgers, these days?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

These days? I honestly haven't eaten one since 1979. I feel better about some of their breakfasts and fish sandwiches.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Reconstituted egg powder, and ground fish lips, yep you are eating good. ;-)

Reply to
FrozenNorth

I did, and either my sense of taste has died, or that wasn't a good hamburger.

Now they push coffee, and toys, not burgers. The best burger I've had in a LONG time was at Applebee's, on Veteran's Day.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

----------------------- If you ever get to SoCal, check out "In-N-Out".

Been around for at least 50 years.

Understand they may also be in AZ.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Yep, Phoenix has several and Tucson has 2. Just like the old-time burger places. Unfortunately they also use the no transfat (i.e., no flavor) oils for the fries, but other than that, they are good.

Chile's also has really good burgers. McDs and Burger King? Not so much.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita