Grizzly Tool Showroom

Silly question: I am a couple of hours from the Muncy PA Grizzly showroom and in need of a bandsaw. I can't call them because they're closed today to ask, so I'll ask the group.

Is this just a showroom, or can I also purchase a bandsaw there? I want to make sure I can before I spend two hours driving up there. Thanks.

Has anyone in this group been there?

Reply to
news.eternal-september.org

I strongly suspect you can buy from the showroom. We have been to the Springfield showroom on several occasions and it is the ultimate big boy's candy store. They probably have much of what is in the catalog on the floor, plus a lot of completed wood turning and guitar projects.

When I was looking at cabinet saws 10-12 years ago, I happened to get a guy who ran their demo shop. After he showed me the floor model of the 1023S, he took me to the demo shop and let me play with one. I purchased my 15" planer and dust collector from Springfield last year. After looking at it on the floor, we pulled the trailer to the warehouse across the street and they loaded it and helped me tie it down. Good folks to deal with!

RonB

Reply to
RonB

Not been to one other than Springfield but I'm certain they're all sales offices as well as just showrooms.

If only takes a couple hours, surely you could call in the AM before heading out? :)

But, if you simply can't wait, I'd bet the info is available on the web site.

Reply to
dpb

I purchased their 14" bandsaw a number of years ago at the Muncy location. They even used their forklift to load the saw into my car.

Reply to
Nova

I have only dealt with the Bellingham location in Washington (their headquarters). But my understanding is that all three locations are warehouses that ship product to their particular area of the country. Anyway, it is a total tool candy store. Several times I put together an order after talking to the guys on the floor. It only took them about twenty minutes each time to load the order onto my truck. And I have read numerous accounts of people going to the various locations and loading up their purchases and driving home.

My favorite part of the store is the scratch and dent section. This where machines with cosmetic defects are sold at a discount. I have seen some good deals there.

The biggest problems you will have there is a lack of funds and a lack of cargo capacity to haul everything you want away. :-(

Reply to
Lee Michaels

I've never been there, but I do recall others posting that they have gone there to buy tools. They open at 8:30 tomorrow. Good luck.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

The Muncy store is also a warehouse. You can purchase equipment there and they will load it for you. Done that with both wood- and metal-working machinery.

Reply to
Jim Artherholt

You bet! Been there several times, bought my G0555 bandsaw there, went around the side, backed into warehouse and they slid it right into truck. You need to take some serious drool control bibs with you though!!!!! Norm

Reply to
Nahmie

Yeah, leave your crowbars home and staple those wallets into your butt so you're not tempted to pry it open and take a CC out of it.

-- Progress is the product of human agency. Things get better because we make them better. Things go wrong when we get too comfortable, when we fail to take risks or seize opportunities. -- Susan Rice

Reply to
Larry Jaques