Help rebuilding a pedal-powered grindwheel

I have an old pedal-powered sharpening stone something like the ones pictured in the links below.

metal parts are so rusted the frame no longer stands up by itself. I am going to rebuild it if I can just get the stone rounded again. The center square hub hole is in good condition, but the outer rim is not concentric with the hub. One side is about 1 inch greater radius than the other and the wheel is way out of balance.

How do I get the stone back into usable roundness and balance without breaking it?

Shorti

Reply to
shorti

tiredofspam

Carbide dressing wheel, yes, I can see them now that I know what to look for. Thanks! Shorti

You use a dress> I have an old pedal-powered sharpening stone something like the ones

Reply to
shorti